This is a soft neutral Artisan Colour Smudge recipe painted in a base of Tahr with highlights and lowlights of blue.
What you will need:
Tahr Chalk Paint
- Clubhouse Grey Chalk Paint
Toulouse Chalk Paint
- Clear Wax
- Natural Bristle Brush
- Pro-Hybrid Round Synthetic Brush
- Angled Detail Brush
- Premium Lint-Free White Rags
- Optional: Forgotten Gold Glide
1 - Paint in Tahr chalk paint using your round brush to create subtle texture. Paint for full coverage.
2 - Make a coloured wax using Clubhouse Grey chalk paint and Clear wax, using a 1:1 ratio. Brush on with a natural bristle brush and wipe off excess with a lint-free rag.
3 - Using your angled detail brush apply your Toulouse colour smudge to create highlights. Water your paint down by up to 60% and brush on in sections, smudge into your waxed finish using a lint-free rag.
4 - Continue to play around with your colour smudge colours until you are happy with the final result. You can 'dry smudge' too by using the paint with only 15% water added, this will give a darker more pigmented smudge for those areas where you really want the colour smudge to pop.
6 - Optional: Detail the edges with Forgotten Gold glide, using either a finger or a detail brush.
- Introducing The Artisan Colour Smudge - this blog post breaks down each step and has a short video showing you exactly how to create the Artisan Colour Smudge.