In this free How To video we will show you how to create a colour wash using premium chalk paint.
Colour washes are a great way to bring colour in from soft furnishings, art or the outdoors. Washes create a softly layered finish and are a great alternative to using coloured waxes, especially when you want the durability of lacquer as a top coat.
Tools recommended in this video:
- Premium Chalk Paint
- Lacquer - any sheen works
- Staalmeester Round Brush
- Premium Lint-Free Rags
- Can Opener
- Bowl or Cup
- Stirring Sticks
Tips for creating a colour wash:
- Water your premium chalk paint down by up to 50%. Play with how dark or light you want your colour wash to be.
- You can layer as many washes as you would like.
- You don't need to use your wash all over but can instead focus on carved details that you would like to highlight.
- Use a clean lint-free rag and keep moving to a clean section otherwise you won't be able to remove as much paint.