French Rustic Bedside Tables - SOLD
These beautiful bedside tables have been sold.
Originally an old, dark mahogany finish that had seen better days, we decided to show off their shape and handles by painting them in a French Rustic style. With lots of texture and depth and some gold to finish it off, these bedsides would look fantastic in a romantic bedroom!
We used Old Lace chalk paint, a beautiful warm cream, dark wax and gold gilding wax to create a luxurious finish.
Using Nymph chalk paint straight from the can, we used the Staalmeester pro-hybrid brush to create texture by painting in every direction. The second coat was watered down in order to provide full coverage without adding extreme texture. Once fully dry we used Vintro dark wax. This was applied section by section (i.e. one drawer or side at a time) using our natural bristle brush and the excess was wiped off using a lint-free rag. We then used very fine steel wool to rub off wax in areas where it was darker than we wanted, doing this adds depth to the piece by creating highlights. We then finished with gold gilding wax which was applied using a finger to the edges and handles.
- Old Lace Chalk Paint
- Dark Wax
- Staalmeester Pro-Hybrid 2020 Brush size 18
- 1-inch Natural Bristle Brush
- Premium Lint-Free White Rags
- 0000 Grade Steel Wool
- Gilding Wax in Gold
Video How-To Guides and Resources:
- Creating a textured finish with Vintro Paint NZ - note that we used a synthetic brush as we only wanted a bit of texture
- Applying Dark Wax with Vintro NZ - note that in this demo she used clear wax to highlight whereas for this piece we used steel wool
Delivery: please get in touch for a quote or we can arrange pick-up in our Mt Eden store.