Sheen level: Satin 10- 15%
The Artisan Company Lacquer is a premium clear, non-yellowing protective top coat.
Designed to be used over our range of artisanal paints to create a durable, wipe-able, water resistant surface with your chosen sheen level to suit your style and aesthetics.
Available in Matte, Satin & Gloss they are all virtually odourless and very low in VOC's. Our lacquers are created with an easy to use viscosity, and are also built to minimise clouding or haziness. Key ingredients have been selected to ensure that our lacquers provide our customers with a strong protective top coat over their painted finishes.
Typical Uses :
- For exterior/interior surfaces over The Artisan Company premium paints and Chalk Paints where a durable clear top coat finish is required.
- To create a specific sheen level over a paint finish or for creating premium durability on high use items.
- Can also be used on other prepared surfaces such as raw wood, native wooden trims, window frames, doors, furniture etc.
- Can be used where alykd (oil based) paints would be used used for durability. The lacquers will exceed the performance of such products, with blocking resistance making it suitable for windows and doors (prevents against sticking and transfer) and is non-yellowing.
- Can also be used as a stain/tannin blocker on furniture prior to painting.
- As a top coat over floors painted in The Artisan Company premium paints and chalk paints with abrasion resistance to help against marking.
At The Artisan Company we are committed to playing our part in the ongoing care of our environment and people. All of our lacquers are low in VOC's, with low toxicity, ensuring environmental issues are not compromised. Formulated using high quality ingredients together with leading technology in NZ for a premium high performing lacquer that is durable, reduces mould, mildew and algae attack for outdoors and is water resistant. Allowing you to create stunning decorative paint finishes that are not only beautiful but also highly functional both indoors and outdoors.
For further information see the Premium Lacquer Information Sheet.